Web design/development and search engine optimisation are two areas of business subject to constant change and evolution. However, there's a real danger that you could be missing the main prize if you follow fads, rumours and plain bad advice. Just like the tank top went out of fashion where the little black dress has always stayed in fashion there are things you should be doing when developing a site and things you shouldn't.
- You should be researching your market and understanding what it searches for
- You should be building a site that's search engine friendly
- You should be creating relevant content
- You should be making friends
On the flip side....
- You shouldn't expect overnight success
- You shouldn't expect page 1 results without a lot of effort
- You shouldn't guess, the information you need is out there!